Monday, November 9, 2009

OU MISSION



OU MISSION STATEMENT

"The mission of the University of Oklahoma is to provide the best possible educational experience for our students through excellence in teaching, research and creative activity, and service to the state and society."

I believe I am currently living the OU mission Statement to the best of my abilities. It is still my first semester of college and I have finally transitioned and can call OU my home. I believe that OU has allowed me to grow. Especially OU's greek life has truly changed me as a person. I was finally initiated into Alpha Omicron Pi last Saturday and I do not think I have ever been so proud to be part of an organization. In high school I was Student Council President. I LOVED stu-co, it was what I devoted my life to and I never thought anything would replace the love I had for student council, but it turns out being an AOII has been the best decision I have ever made. I never really understood why I was in a sorority until last week, which was Alpha Week. Every night last week we would meet at the house from 9:30 to 11:00 and I bonded so well with every girl in my pledge class. I have NEVER felt so close to a group of around 60 girls. My whole life I have always felt like something was missing, there was some kind of void in my heart that I was never able to fill. And I learned this past week the void that I was missing was SISTERHOOD. I have a younger brother so I have never had that LOVE that sisters have for one another. Because of OU I now have 200 sisters and I have never been this happy in my whole entire life. When people say college is way better than high school, I now agree and can say it myself that I truly LOVE The University of Oklahoma.

I believe OU is living the mission statement. OU is dedicated to all aspects of it's students lives. Not only do students get an education here but attending The University of Oklahoma is truly LIFE CHANGING. Since August I have GROWN so much. Being here at OU allows you to grow, granted it is a struggle at times but there are so many people that are dedicated to making your life and stay here the best it has ever been. A lot of my friends back home are not happy at their universities, and the reason why this has happened is because their schools do not have a LOVE for their students. OU is dedicated to having its students succeed here and not only that they want their students to grow as leaders and they want people to transform into EXTRAORDINARY human beings who are dedicated to doing good and encourage others around them to do the same.

I believe nothing needs to be changed about OU or OU's mission statement because the time I have spent here has been an amazing experience already and it is only my first semester. I cannot wait till to see what OU has in store for my future. OU has changed my life and I have never been so proud to say I attend the UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA.



No comments:

Post a Comment